About the 'SAFE BRO App'
SafeBRO is a personal safety App for young people who may be at risk, feeling unsafe or in serious danger. SafeBRO can help you in situations that are out of your control.
In an emergency, push the big red HELP button on the SafeBRO App and an instant alert will be sent to your nominated contacts. This will automatically generate a text along with your current address or your GPS coordinates which can be seen in Google maps.
After installing SafeBRO, tap the BRO logo to learn how to use this App.
Every young person should have this App, and parents will love it too. And best of all, it's FREE!
For more information about the BRO campaign, contact:
Te Runanga o Ngati Apa
Work: 06 327 5594
Mobile: 027 5554 995
Where to get help:
- Youth services: http://www.yoss.org.nz/
(06) 3555 906
- Youthline: http://www.youthline.co.nz/
0800 376 633
- Kidsline: http://www.kidsline.org.nz/
0800 543 754 (4pm to 6pm weekdays)
- Whatsup: http://whatsup.co.nz/
0800 942 8787 (noon to midnight)
- The Word: http://theword.org.nz/
- Depression helpline: http://depression.org.nz/
0800 111 757 (8am to midnight)
- Rainbow Youth: http://www.rainbowyouth.org.nz/
(09) 376 4155
- CASPER Suicide Prevention http://www.casper.org.nz/
- Lifeline http://www.lifeline.co.nz/
0800 543 354 - 24 hr ph counselling
- Tautoko 0508 828 865
- The Low Down
0800 111 757
0800 37 66 33
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.